Petts Wood Playgroup

(for Children with Special Needs)

Frequently Asked Questions

"How much does it cost to send my child to Petts Wood Playgroup?"

We do not charge fees.  We can access funding for some 2 year olds and claim funding for all 3 and 4 year olds from the local authority.

"From what age can my child attend?"

We are registered to take children from birth to 5 years of age.

"What are your opening hours?"

The children attend from 9:30am and leave by 12:30pm.

"Are you open all year round?"

We work to school term dates, please see our home page for term dates.

"Do you provide food and drink?"

The children have a snack and drink mid-morning which we provide but, if you wish to supply your own, we are happy for your child to have their own.

"What do I need to provide?"

You will need to provide a named bag with nappies, wipes, nappy sacks and any cream you choose to use.  We also find it useful if you can provide a change of clothes for your child as we do engage in water and messy play!

"Do you run a summer scheme or holiday club?"

We run a playscheme for two weeks during the long six week summer holiday if sufficient funds can be raised throughout the year.  We currently charge £5 per session to attend this scheme.

"I don't drive, is transport available?"

We have our own minibus, drivers and escorts and can collect and deliver the children within the local area if the family do not have their own transport.

"What are your staffing ratios?"

We work above the national adult:child ratios of 1:8 by having a ratio of 1:1.5 (two adults to every three children).

"My child has complex needs, are your staff trained to deal with this?"

If your child has additional medical needs eg. catheterization, tube feeds, severe allergic reactions requiring possible use of epipen, emergency drug administration for seizures etc. this is not a problem for PWPG.  We have trained and experienced staff who can administer the extra care your child requires.

"Do you help with EHCP applications and/or transitions to school?"

If your child needs additional support at school or requires a specialist provision, it is likely an Education, Health and Care Plan (EHCP) would need to be completed which PWPG can lead you through.  When the next school is identified we will organise a transition meeting with you, the key staff at the school and any relevant therapists.


"How can I get my child referred to you?"

If you think your child would benefit from coming to our playgroup then please contact us and arrange to come and visit.  Referrals to us can also be made by many of the healthcare professionals involved in your child's care.